COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
The Department of Planning has implemented proactive steps for business transactions to protect employees, customers and the broader community from possible transmission of the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
The following measures and procedures will go into effect as of Monday, 23 March 2020:
- All public counter services will be suspended.
Customers are strongly encouraged to utilize the Online Planning System (OPS) Portal to limit in physical contact. Register here if you do not already have access.
Please note that the Planning and Lands and Survey counters are closed indefinitely.
Payments for Online Planning System transactions can still be conducted through previously established credit accounts and credit/debit cards (MasterCard and Visa only).
- Please note that all field inspections have been suspended until further notice.
- Pursuant to the directive from the Deputy Governor, all non-essential Government offices are now closed, and this includes all Post Offices. The submission of new applications for planning permission that require notification of adjacent land owners can be accepted and will be processed accordingly. However, until such time as the required notification process is completed per Section 15(4) of the Development and Planning Law, the applications cannot be forwarded for consideration. The Lands and Survey Department WILL NOT be issuing any Buffer Maps or documentation related to Planning Notices until postal services resume.
- The duration and proximity of physical interactions with customers will be reduced by limiting physical meetings.
- Working hours for staff have been reduced to avoid congregation of staff and to provide for wider physical spacing for workstations.
- All non-critical services have been deferred with a focus on essential business operations.
- Customers are also asked to adhere to the following when conducting business:
- Email email@example.com if you have questions or queries. If necessary, a list of contact numbers are provided here.
- Business with the Department of Planning will continue to be conducted through the Online Planning System.
- When coughing or sneezing do so in a tissue. The tissue should then be immediately disposed in a bin.
- If you do visit Department of Planning offices, practice social distancing, that means you should maintain 3 feet between you and the next customer or person in line.
- Engage via videoconferencing or teleconference to limit physical meetings.
- Continue to abide by the guidelines from the local and international health authorities, by washing your hands with soap consistently throughout the day, or where washing your hands is not possible to use an alcohol-based sanitizer, and avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose and mouth.
These changes will remain in effect until 30 April 2020. The Department of Planning will continue to evaluate the situation and provide further updates to the public as they arise. Monitor and visit http://www.gov.ky for the latest official updates.
- 4 October 2019 – Building Control Plan Review Lead Times
- 25 July 2019 – Mitek Connectors Info
- 25 July 2019 – Simpson Connectors Info
- 10 July 2019 – LPG Applications, Fit-Outs and Additional Info
- 14 June 2019 – Fire Drawings, 3rd Party Reviews and LPG
- 11 April 2019 – Time Frame for Permits
- 20 May 2019 – Liquor Licensing Inspections Update
- 15 March 2019 – Building Code Procedures
- 12 February 2019 – Reminders on Application Submissions
- 16 January 2019 – Changes and Reminders
- 29 November 2018 – Pool Permit Process
- 26 November 2018 – Reminders to reduce application delay
- 8 August 2018 – OPS Training
Please be advised of the following:
- Thursday November 28th: The Lands and Survey cashier will be closed from 12:00 to 4:00 pm, therefore any submissions made to the Department of Planning that require cash or cheque payment will not be accepted during this time.
- Friday December 6th: The Department of Planning will be closed from 11:30 am for a staff function.
Other closures related to holiday hours include:
- 12:30 – 4:00 pm on December 24th
- December 25th
- December 26th
- 12:30 – 4:00 pm on December 31st
- January 1st
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused due to these closures.