Salary: CI$ 54,504 – CI $66,396 per annum
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting all construction types (multi-family residential, 7 units or greater, and commercial) for code compliance in the areas of building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical works and/or fire protection systems.
The post holder is considered an Essential Staff member; as such, in the event of natural disaster, he/she will be required to remain on Island and assist in the Damage Assessment process, Island wide.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interacting and assisting applicants, contractors and the general public with concerns/questions regarding building permits, inspections and certificates of occupancy;
- Conducting inspections (buildings/plumbing/electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems) to ensure that construction and component installations are safe, in accordance with approved plans and compliant with codes and statutes;
- Logging and keeping inspection status and details updated in the computer tracking system and providing inspection reports as necessary;
- In the event of a Natural disaster, the post holder will be required to remain on Island and assist in the Damage Assessment process.
Qualifications & Knowledge
Applicants must possess, at a minimum, the following:
- An Associate degree in construction technology or related field is required
- ICC or similar certification in three or more of the following disciplines: commercial building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of general construction practices;
- Proficient in the relevant codes that certification(s)are in;
- Knowledgeable in the 2009 ICC family of codes, IBC, IPC, IMC, NEC (2014), and ANS1 117.1.
Experience & Skills:
The post requires at a minimum five (5) years performing inspections in three or more of the following disciplines: commercial and/or multi-family building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or fire protection systems.
- Ability to accurately read and comprehend construction drawings;
- Strong communication proficiency including verbal, written, comprehension and listening skills facilitating detailed inspection reports and email correspondence to contractors and other customers (internal and external);
- Maintain high level of professionalism at all times;
- Strong inter-personal, public relation and teamwork skills;
- Computer proficient including MS Office suite;
- Time management, attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines;
- Keep accurate computer records of technical information associated with project inspections, using the permit tracking system.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
A pre-employment Medical Exam / Drug screen and a Police Record check are conditions of employment.
Please visit careers.gov.ky to apply online. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: 30 April 202
Please click below link or visit career.gov.ky to apply