Salary: CI$49,428 – $66,480 per annum
The successful candidate will work in the Current Planning Unit and be responsible for reviewing development applications to determine if they comply with the Planning Law and Regulations and present those finding to the Central Planning Authority (CPA). The candidate will ensure applications and request are processed in a timely, professional and unbiased manner.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing reports and recommendations for presentation to the CPA with relevant data in order that informed decisions are made
- Conducting site visits to ensure that: (1) applications correctly depict site conditions (2) that construction conforms to approved plans and for violations
- Meeting with applicants/developers regarding applications to ensure that they are familiar with the relevant Laws Regulations and policies/guidelines as it pertains to their plans
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in land use planning, geography, architecture or a closely related discipline
- Post graduate experience of not less than two (2) years in small town cities with a tourist-oriented economy and/or an environmentally sensitive working environment
- Must have an understanding of modern principles of planning, with ability to collect and analyze data and prepare reports
- Experience in site plan reviews
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, comprehension listening skills with ability to work co-operatively and effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Excel, word processing and data spreadsheets
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Record check are conditions of employment
A detailed job description and the Government application form is available online at: www.recruitment.gov.ky.
Please submit your completed Government application form and resume only via email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 12th May 2017
Please address all applications to:
Human Resource Manager
Department of Planning
PO Box 113
Grand Cayman KY1-9000