Salary: CI$54,504 – $64,788 per annum
The successful candidate will be responsible for examining construction drawings submitted to the department to ensure compliance with the Cayman Islands Building Code, Plumbing Code, Mechanical Code, Electrical Code and relevant Laws and Regulations relating to public health and safety.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and assistance to Architects, Engineers, Contractors and the general public on Procedures and Code requirements and interpretations.
- Reviewing drawings submitted for approval to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Inspecting projects under construction for code compliance and conditions of approval, and completed projects for Certificate of Fitness (for Occupancy).
- Preparing reports and other duties assigned by the Plans Examination Supervisor and/or Deputy Director of Planning (BC).
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- An Associate’s Degree in Construction Science or related subject and four years’ experience in commercial level plan review, OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering, Construction or related subject, with a minimum of two years’ experience in Commercial level plan review;
- Must be Certified by ICC as a commercial plans examiner in three or more of the following disciplines: building, mechanical, plumbing and fire;
- Have extensive knowledge of the ICC 2009 family of codes (Building, Mechanical, Plumbing and/or Fire) and related technical standards (NFPA
- 72, NFPA 13, and ANSI 117.1);
- Knowledge of general construction practices;
- Ability to read blue prints;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written;
- Ability to work with others as a team and with the public;
- Ability to aid customers in rectifying problems with excellent interpersonal skills
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A pre-employment drug screen / Medical Exam and a Police Record check are conditions of employment.
A detailed job description and the Government application form is available online at: www.recruitment.gov.ky.
A Government application form must be submit with your resume, via email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 25th June 2021