We can investigate, include (but are not limited to):
- House additions (including porches/patios)
- Change of use of a land/building (i.e. garages changed to apartments or houses changed to apartments/duplexes)
- Land clearing
- Walls/fences built within roadside setback or above the permitted height of 4 ft
- Buildings being built not in accordance with approved plans
- Placement of certain signs
- Untidy condition of land due to derelict vehicles, etc.
Planning breaches that we cannot investigate, include (but are not limited to):
- Development that has existed 5 years or more.
- Encroachment/boundary disputes.
- Neighbor/covenant disputes.
- Overgrown properties.
- Noise complaints.
- Obstruction of a road/right-of-way.
- Internal works (unless it affects the use of the building or materially affects the external appearance).
Filing a Complaint
If you would like to submit a complaint about a possible breach of the Development and Planning Act, please click on the link below and complete the form. You will be asked for a description of the violation, block & parcel number, address and photographs (if available). Please provide as much information you can about the alleged breach.
Note: Before making a complaint, please refer to the above list on what we can and cannot investigate. Also, please visit our the CPA section of our website to take a look at our CPA meetings list and planning notices (which are updated regularly) to see if any applications have been made for the Block & Parcel/Address you intend to make a complaint on.